Keoghs Liverpool are seeking a Paralegal to work in their Retail department on behalf of a major retail client.
The Paralegal will undertake a variety of data gathering, information recording and scheduling activities, on behalf of a senior team members, to facilitate the rapid progression of cases of to trial or settlement .
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
Key Accountabilities Responsible for the processing new files
- Preparation of legal bundles instructing expert witnesses, barristers etc...
- Liaising with witnesses
- Chase all court applications as necessary
- Liaising with Courts, Counsel, Opponents, Experts and Witnesses to progress the case.
- Follow up on outstanding instructions and other actions to ensure that responses are received within required timescales
- Undertake minor investigations on liability and quantum so as to provide Fee Earners with basic information to be able to progress the claims
- Opportunity to attend trial on behalf of senior team member
- Undertake ad hoc duties to support the team as required.
- Meeting agreed performance targets (chargeable hours)
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Strong organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise their workload
- Able to effectively work to set deadlines
- Experience of dealing with calls and enquiries from customers, suppliers and/or the public
- Good IT Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Some experience of working within a legal environment (desirable
- Hold a relevant legal qualification (desirable)
What you can expect from us
- A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
- Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
Standard 35 hour week
Wed like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
Contract Type Permanent
Division Technical Claims Services (TCS)
Business Unit Disease Non Volume
Office Keoghs Liverpool St. Pauls Square
Closing Date 26 Jan 2018