Site Quality Assurance ManagerCompany:
BPS Ltd Location:
(construction of a new pharmaceutical plant)
Contract or permanent
Our client is a global Engineering Contractor with over a 100 years´ experience of delivering mechanical, electrical and instrumentation and maintenance solutions. They work across a broad variety of sectors including pharmaceutical, data centres, commercial and energy.
The business employs in excess of 3000 people and has experienced phenomenal growth over the last 10 years.
2018 is shaping up to be an excellent year and they have already secured a number of major projects. One of these is a major pharmaceutical plant upgrade in Dublin and as such they are searching for an experienced Site QA Manager to join their team on a contract or permanent basis. Responsibilities:
- Directly manage site team of 3 to 8 QA personnel (will vary over course of project,) including test pack Engineers, Line Walkers/ Snaggers, Weld Log & NDT trackers and Field QA Engineers
- Report directly to the Project Construction Manager and Director, with updates of progress and issues.
- Produce project specific QA plan (based on Client specifications)
- Oversee project submittal process and confirm compliance with all proposed materials and procedures, including ´´First Of A Kind´´ installation mock-ups
- Manage setup of project database (Filemaker System) to include Doc Control, Test pack Production and weld log database
- Audit and ensure, Inspection and Test Plans (ITP´s) are being carried out on site and in the off site workshops
- Attend Weekly client QA Meetings and update on project QA matrix
- Ensure relevant Craft training is in place, ex. Slope Checking procedures, flange torque procedures, valve gasket change out procedures, etc
- Drive ´´Right First Time´´ Culture, trough QA Toolbox talks, Training, Craft Reward Schemes
- Develop QA Toolbox talks for site teams
- Update QA section of weekly project report for both internal and external review
- Manage Test pack development, including identification of system limits and testing procedures
- Manage system handover sequencing and scheduling including documentation handover
- Manage NDT subcontractors both on site and in off site workshops (ensure % NDT requirements are met, per welder, per system, etc)
- Manage QA for subcontract scopes, including painting and insulation
- Undertake investigations into any QA deviations
- Attend Client handover meetings and final walk-downs as required
- Ideally you will have a proven track record of delivering QA on one or more pharmaceutical construction projects gained over a number of years.
- Experience of Pharma and in particular Bio-Pharma is required, in particular knowledge of fully traceable systems piping systems and orbital welding of BPE tube.
- A welding qualification is an advantage, PCN or CSWIP qualifications.
- In return our client offers a supportive and friendly environment with genuinely interesting and challenging projects.
- Both contract and permanent candidates will be considered.
To find out more and to be considered for this exciting opportunity. Please contact Michael Smith @ BPS World NOW
Other recent jobs in Liverpool