Everton Football Club Location:
Everton Free School provides a high quality alternative educational environment for vulnerable young people aged 14-16, and opportunities for all students post 16 in Everton Sixth Form College. The School is supported by and takes inspiration from the award winning Everton in the Community charity which delivers innovative programmes to promote health, education, social inclusion and equality of opportunity across Merseyside through the power of sport. Everton Free School offers many other specialist routes for young people including Arts, Culture and Digital Media pathways. Students are referred to the School by other schools, academies and local authorities.
The School is now seeking to appoint a confident and enthusiastic Science Teacher, to plan prepare and deliver lessons in Science and have a willingness to support SEN across the School.
You will have a passion for collaboration and have a commitment to the potential of combining the use of Maths with other curriculum areas within the School. This is an excellent opportunity to develop teaching skills in a brand new School environment. The Alternative Provision context will allow for creative and dynamic opportunities to create and develop innovative pedagogical practice. The School is looking for someone who has:
- A commitment to the value and potential of Alternative Provision education
- A degree with a teaching qualification and/or experience
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to plan, develop and manage creative learning projects
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students academic, personal and professional development in ..accordance with the Schools guidelines and procedures.
- An enthusiasm for the role of new technologies in a dynamic learning environment
- An understanding of national and educational policies.
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- It would be an advantage, but not essential, if you are able to contribute to the teaching of another curriculum area at the School.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a role and make a significant difference to the future life chances of young people. Everton Free School is committed to the development, voice and well-being of its staff. You would be part of a dynamic and creative team of teaching practitioners. If you share the Schools vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 27th February 2018.
The Everton Family is committed to equal opportunities and is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process, we accept all job applications in a variety of formats and should you need any documents in a different format or require any further support or assistance please contact the People Services team on 0151 530 5205 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Everton Family is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Other recent jobs in Liverpool