Business Development ManagerCompany:
TheMakeupPeople Ltd Location:
We are the leading distributors of professional makeup products. We are an independent distribution company. Operating from our Head Office and Training Centre on the outskirts of Liverpool near the Airport. The company are looking to add to their field sales team with an individual who has experience of selling B2B and who is able to travel. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that encourages autonomy within a fairly relaxed atmosphere and provides full training on their products and services. The role would be ideally suited to an experienced field sales representative looking to take the next step in their career, or an internal salesperson looking to move into Field Sales.
You would be:
- Strong on Selling skills / target driven as a people person youll be able to sell through great skills and service. Youll have experience from any environment involving face to face customer interaction or perhaps a combination of phone and face to face. FMCG experience would be a great thing to have. You will have a hunger for achieving targets.
- You will delight in Customer relationships youll be great at quickly building rapport to create long-lasting relationships. Youll delight your customers and turn them into true brand advocates.
- Great at Spoken communication put simply, youre a people person. Whether youre talking to a customer or a colleague, explaining a product or sorting out a problem, youll make sure everything you say is clear, concise and totally jargon-free. We aim to make the complex simple every time.
- Organisational you have great organisational and planning skills. That means you can organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines and know where to look to solve a problem.
- Good on Time management Youll be used to working under pressure as you will need to visit 5 independent stores a day. Simply put, tight timelines wont worry you.
- Proactive you will enjoy thinking for yourself and taking ownership to see things through to fruition.
- Procedural/product specialist knowledge youll build your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest products, including the latest regulatory requirements which may affect what you do day to day.
- IT youre familiar with systems and a range of software to support the work you need to do. Youll be comfortable using technology making sure its secure when youre out and about. Attention to detail as data collection is required.
- Analytical skills youre able to do basic calculations and work from simple data.
- Responsible for achievement of sales targets by understanding the customers business needs through consultative selling to attain mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Actively developing the business through establishing strong commercial relationships, account openings, product and education sales and the consistent delivery of professional, friendly, genuine service.
- Providing accurate reporting of sales.
Promoting a professional, warm and genuine Customer first service culture, delivering service with a personal and adaptable style relating to each individual.
- Using your own initiative to deal with client requests and continually strive to exceed expectations wherever possible.
- Maintaining an appropriate, professional and friendly communication style.
- Upholding an Open to Change attitude reflecting the fast paced nature of the business and a positive approach to internal issues, feeding back in a detailed, professional and objective manner.
Utilising all internal communication tools effectively and attend meetings, briefs where appropriate.
Creating and maintaining excellent working relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring we move forward together as ONE TEAM
- Adopting a consultative selling approach establishing the customer needs by asking questions and selecting the best product or service to match the immediate long term needs.
- Generating sales and support through the consultative selling process through the sharing of products knowledge, product brands mission and philosophy, features and benefits with main emphasis on benefits.
- Completing and presenting all reports in a timely fashion as requested.
- Creating structured journey plan in tandem with the office support team who will maintain your diaries.
- Demonstrating a commitment to on-going training and personal development with the implementation of the knowledge and skills attained.
- Direct cosmetics experience advantageous but not essential, Field/Internal Sales experience gained within any sector and the ability to generate business growth by building relationships with Strong communication and influencing skills, Excellent time management and prioritisation skills and the Ability to work autonomously
Application with CV and covering letter
Job Type: Full-time
Salary (dependent on experience) + Commission + Fuel Allowance + Phone
Key Responsibilities of Field Sales Representative
- (Opening Doors) Making appointments
- Travelling by car every day to meet and greet new and existing customers.
- Showboating our amazing products as a brand ambassador
- Winning new customers!
Skills and requirements
- 2 years of B2B sales experience
- Coachable and eager to learn
- An outgoing and likeable personality
- Confident and authoritative speaker
- Strong presentation skills
- Confidence in your own abilities
- A high degree of self-motivation
- A passion for sales
- Personal ambition
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work own your own initiative and as part of team
- Results orientated
- Very friendly and bubbly characteristics
Driving license required
Own vehicle is an advantage
Previous experience is an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: £18,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Required licence or certification:
Other recent jobs in Liverpool