Linux System AdministratorCompany:
The Linux administrator’s role incorporates the support and maintenance of the virtual and physical Linux Operating platform and supporting services that are delivered out of the local delivery centers and respective, secure and commercial (hosted) cloud environments, either as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and administer the Linux platform (where necessary and using the associated hosting provider tools)
- Work in the collaboration with the associated hosting provider support teams to facilitate the delivery of new requirements or changes to the deployed platform
- Ensuring backups and restores are successful either in collaboration with the associated hosting provider or through local capability at the delivery centers
- Provide technical support to our clients IT Infrastructure including monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Carry out regular checks on the status of servers from a hardware and software standpoint.
- Coordinates problem analysis of software and hardware problems with the hosting provider finding the quickest resolution of server, software, and storage related problems
- Is able to work cross-platform where interaction with other services deployed to the Linux platform are integrated
- Work with the service management teams to produce the any required system availability, capacity or performance reports
- Regular maintenance of servers, and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades, patches, and where necessary or required hardware upgrades.
- After hours on-call escalation and support.
- Ability to identify possible points of vulnerability or concern and present for consideration to the client and governance teams for methods of remediation
- Maintain the integrity of critical systems, applications, and data by ensuring compliance with IT security procedures and standards, and by proposing and implementing appropriate controls.
- Performs daily health check and maintains the desired level of success rate for the various server jobs.
- Periodically reviews the system policies and procedures to ensure application compatibility and maintain accurate documentation.
Other recent jobs in Liverpool