Digital Marketing PlannerCompany:
Merkle Periscopix Location:
Media Planners support the development of effective integrated media plans with the Media Lead & Client Services Director. It is essential for the Digital Strategist to interrogate and interpret client briefs to understand client and market challenges, to propose custom media and communications strategies and ensure a route to delivery.
The role is diverse and requires the ability to multi-task, effectively communicate, and an ability to continuously self-educate in the dynamic digital marketing space. This requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space.
Media Planner responsibilities
- Support the Merkle | Perisopix Media Lead & Client Director in development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
- Coordinate brief responses, cross-media strategies and media plans.
- Responsible for media and consumer insights collation, providing integrated brief response proposals.
- Collaborate closely with multiple marketing channel specialists to ensure optimal use of each marketing channel.
- Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements to channel leads.
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
- Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
- Ensure consistent communication during the planning period and ensure the client has visibility of each step within the process.
- Creates and presents media plan proposals, including timings and cost breakdowns with full justification of channel to be used.
- Communicate with internal research teams to collate market and customer insight to support and justify media laydown.
- Liaise with internal research team to analyse data trends and client performance to develop solid strategic media plans.
- Works with media team to periodically review media laydown.
- Execute QA, delivery timelines and implementation checklist to assist smooth transition to delivery.
- Work with the relevant teams to define custom measurement frameworks and PCA templates
- Must have experience in digital marketing or planning, working client side or agency.
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with C-suite.
- A good understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Display, Social etc.
- Track record in achieving client business KPI’s directly resulting from marketing activation.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
- Possession of excellent written, oral and presentation skills, particularly the ability to articulate a compelling digital activation and customer story.
- Strong understanding of project management.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
Other recent jobs in London