Staff Writer - Dirt MagazineCompany:
Factory Media Limited Location:
Factory Media is seeking a journalist to produce and manage a stimulating mix of mountain biking content for Dirt Magazine (Dirt). The primary purpose of the role is to make sure Dirt meets and exceeds its audience targets by ensuring the site is populated with compelling and fresh mountain biking content.
The successful candidate will produce daily news content that appeals to the Dirt audience, interview athletes and industry personalities, produce SEO led features and help to manage Dirts social media accounts.
We also want your ideas for new and fresh content, features and news that you think are missing from mountain bike media.
An interest in mountain biking and mountain bike culture is a must, as too is a passion for digital media. Requirements:
- Populating the website following an editorial plan to ensure Dirts content is varied and relevant.
- Writing your own articles, re-writing press releases and finding news stories.
- Interviewing athletes and industry personalities for one off and regular features.
- Reporting on the mountain biking race scene.
- Testing products and bikes in order to provide honest, balanced and fair reviews.
- Representing Dirt at trade shows and events, with some overseas travel.
- Using SEO tools to maintain and improve Dirts position on search engines.
- Helping to develop Dirts social media channels.
- A mountain biking advocate, not afraid to become well integrated into the network of key influencers
- Fast, organised worker
- Numbers-driven / highly analytical
- Thrive on pressure in target-driven culture
- Highly motivated
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written English with natural, informal, entertaining writing style.
- The ability to form good relationships with both industry leaders and professional riders within mountain biking.
- Good working knowledge of Wordpress or other CMS.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite for both video and photography.
- Comfortable using Google analytics.
- Good grasp of how the main social networks work.
- General awareness of web technologies.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Ability to shoot and edit (using Adobe CC) photos and videos would be useful.
- Reports to James Smurthwaite, Steve Jones and Sebastian Hejna.
- Works throughout the Factory Portfolio supporting other brands where needed.
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Health cash plan
Other recent jobs in London