Receptionist And Events CoordinatorCompany:
Job Title : Receptionist and Events Coordinator
Company : R.S Hispaniola (Victoria Embankment WC2N 5DJ)
Department: R.S Hispaniola
Location : Victoria Embankment, London
Reporting to : Business Development and Events Manager
About R.S. Hispaniola
The R.S. Hispaniola, formerly Maid of Ashton, started her career with the Caledonian Steam Packet Company as a passenger ferry on the famous Clyde & Isles route around the west coast of Scotland. Since 1973 she has rested at anchor alongside the Victoria Embankment in the heart of London. With stunning views upstream towards the Houses of Parliament and downstream through the arches of Hungerford Bridge to St Paul´s, the R.S. Hispaniola offers a haven amid the city bustle. In 2002 the Hispaniola became part of the City Cruises fleet. Today the R. S. Hispaniola betrays little of her working pedigree, having been thoroughly refitted to provide two decks of purpose-built restaurant and function room facilities.
To provide administration and general support to the Events Manager to follow through all enquiries received and assist in the planning and executing of all events so they are delivered to the highest standards whilst ensuring excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
To act as Receptionist for all restaurant enquiries, welcome clients to the ship, liase with the functions/restaurant teams whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained.
- Answer all incoming calls and handle callers inquiries whenever possible
- To act as the first point of contact with internal and external customers
- Ensuring the reception area is always pristine and above all welcoming
- To take voucher bookings, large restaurant bookings, produce place cards, deal with private dining enquiries for Officers Mess.
- Deal with accounts for payments received/made, invoices/refunds and dealing with any customer account queries
- Showing potential clients around the venue in the absence of the Events Manager, discussing events requirements and passing details onto the Events Manager.
- To assist the Business development and Events Manager with representing and developing the company´s brand, embodying and spreading the company´s core values to potential clients and customers, on site and at exhibitions, meetings and conferences.
- To provide, check and prepare statistics of enquiries and monthly sales figures for ticketed events and bar spend to Events Manager for the Monthly Management Meeting or for senior management as required.
- To assist with the management of the events enquiry log and yearly diary and ensure that all events are diarized including all details when requested.
- To assist and create function reports to front of house and Chef detailing items required for the function to agreed timescale and in time for weekly event meetings.
- To coordinate all customer requests and ensure customer requirements are communicated to F&B teams. To check that entertainment and other miscellaneous items have been requested.
- To overlook and take charge of all Ticketed events (Murder Mystery, Elvis, NYE) and to check manifests, pre-orders, maintain Book A Table, collect payments, produce place cards, table plans and produce Event Sheet.
- To develop relationships with customer, from initial telephone enquiry, viewings, through to the event.
- To assist with all event administration including enquiry, booking forms against a set of terms and conditions.
- To assist with the provision of meeting room items such as paper, stationary, literature, pull-ups etc. for Day Delegates, meetings and conferences.
The above are key tasks for the role but please note that this is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time in line with business needs. This description applies to those performing the role whilst undertaking training in order to fulfil all aspects of the job.
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- Microsoft Packages
- Excel Intermediate level
- Our in house reservations systems are Book A Table/Easy Pre Orders. A knowledge of these or similar packages would be beneficial.
- Experience of working in a receptionist role.
- At least one years experience in an administration/events supporting role
- Perform great customer service
- Respect colleagues and City Cruises customers
- Approach everything with integrity with what you do
- Deliver excellence through profit, customer satisfaction and living our City Cruises values
- Work with empathy
- The desire to go the extra mile and a can do attitude
- A warm and engaging personality outward going, confident with first class interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail, highly organised and self-motivated
- Tenacious and calm under pressure
- Very flexible
- A team player. No room for them and us
- Fantastic communication skills, a good command of spoken and written English
- To exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- Polite, smart/well presented
- Is able to work under independently and under direction
Should you feel that you are a suitable candidate for the position then please send your CV and Cover Letter over.
Job Type: Full-time
Other recent jobs in London