MAGs AMD activities aim at strengthening national level capacities for safely managing weapons and ammunition systematically and safely. The overall objective of the role is to increase security and local capacity to plan and manage their SALW.
Field activity will include training of both field and headquarters staff of the National State Security Actors, demonstrating and scaling up weapons marking and registration, armoury/site risk assessments and improvement options, agreement with authorities on prioritisation of interventions and the building and/or refurbishment of armouries/Explosive stores. All work will need ownership of local actors and work to the timelines achievable with existing local realities and capacities.
AMD Technical Field Managers must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical interventions and being involved in all aspects of MAGs project work, including administration, finance, procurement of equipment, reporting and planning. Roles can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAGs life-saving work on a day-to-day basis. About you:
You will be qualified and experienced in AMD work, with previous experience working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian or commercial sector. This would include all aspects of weapons handling and ammunition management and technical knowledge of SALW / UXO. You will also need experience of coordination and liaison between national stakeholders and experience of delivering training packages to national authorities.
You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most.
Benefits MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary : The total salary package for this position is £55,004 - £61,172 per annum . Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave : We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You´ll have a minimum of six weeks annual leave out of the programme per year, plus an additional 15 days per year hardship leave, in recognition of the challenging working conditions in Somalia.
- Flights : MAG provides three international flights home per year.
- Insurance : All international staff are automatically covered by MAG´s comprehensive insurance package including: personal accident and medical expenses insurance; death by natural causes insurance; and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
MAG Technical Field Manager AMD, Somalia - Candidate Information Pack
Please return the application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. MAG will review applications and arrange interviews with candidates on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted Candidates will be invited to take part in the selection process, which usually consists of a selection test and two interviews. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has not been successful.