Skilled Train Maintainer (temporary 12 Months) NewCompany:
Northern Rail Location:
A vacancy has arisen at Newton Heath Maintenance Depot for a Skilled Team Member. The role will include train maintenance and depot train movements/driving.
To be considered for the role you should be self-motivated and work well within a team. You will have the ability to operate in a safety and time critical environment. Your home residence should be within one hours travel to the depot. About you: To be successful in the role you will need:
- A time served Mechanical/Electrical apprenticeship or NVQ level 3 equivalent qualification.
- Good technical knowledge covering mechanical, electrical, plumbing and vehicle building skills, including schematics, (electrical, air and hydraulic)
- An extensive knowledge and experience of railway operation and maintenance practices is desirable.
- Previous experience of DMU maintenance is desirable.
- You must successfully complete a, Train Driver psychometric test, as the role will include movement of trains on depot. Tests will be conducted prior to employment.
- A good understanding of COSHH safety related instructions is essential.
- An ability to work on your own initiative.
- Must have an ability to communicate clearly and confidently with all levels of personnel both written and oral.
- The desire to work to the highest standards
- The ability to work shift patterns including nights, evenings and weekend work.
This role is safety critical. Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive the following benefits:
About Northern :
- Free Travel on Northern services for you and your family.*
- 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services.*
- Pension Scheme (where we pay one and a half times the amount you contribute!)
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Maternity and Paternity Benefits above the statutory minimum.
- Childcare voucher scheme.*
- Full uniform for frontline facing roles.
- High Street store discounts.
- 20% off many tourist attractions in the UK.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Employee Assistance Programme operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees.
- And many more!
- Terms and conditions apply
Northern plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people, and more every day, to work, leisure and education. Our aim is to connect people to opportunities by providing a reliable and friendly train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve Our selection Process:
Our selection processes are designed to make joining Northern as smooth as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether youre the right person to deliver a great service to our customers, but also to make sure were also the right team for you. Your online application:
The first thing you need to do is complete our online application form. Upload your CV and you have the opportunity to tell us a little bit more about yourself.
If you need any help or support along the way, we are here to help. Once we have all your details we will be back in touch to let you know what to expect.
Other recent jobs in Manchester