Barclays are recruiting for a permanent Customer Ambassador to work in the Barclay´s site in Manchester. This is a BA4 level role, which is one corporate grade below an Assistant Vice President.
The purpose of COT in Barclays Financial Assistance (BFA) includes the following:
- To assess whether the Bank is delivering appropriate outcomes for its customers and treating them fairly, where there are indicators of, or the customer advises of financial difficulties,
- To assess any key risks identified by other internal mechanisms, e.g. Internal Audit
- To assess whether the action (or inaction) of the Bank has caused any level of detriment to the customer.
- The scope of outcome testing covers the customers journey for a 6-month window whilst in BFA
- Ascertain if there were any failings during the customer journey, in addition to any identified which contributed to the overall outcome
- Identify and propose solutions for remediation and, where required, taking ownership and completing the remediation
- Complete the relevant data capture tools in a timely manner to ensure that any MI reports are comprehensive and that they correctly reflect the current position
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements, e.g. CONC, DISP etc. to be able to understand and correctly apply the COT framework
- Develop a working understanding of all policies and standards employed by the Bank and evaluate the appropriate application of these during COT
- Participate in the calibration process and other mechanisms employed to embed application of the outcome testing framework
- Complete thematic reviews to assess a current or emerging risk regarding a particular issue or product
- Provide detailed and constructive feedback to colleagues and the leadership team
- Proven experience in a financial services background with the ability to summarise, what can be extensive, case histories and present them in a succinct and clear manner to the COT Leadership team
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office from the financial services industry
- Proven experience to analyse data from a variety of mediums including letters, calls and accounts etc
- Ability to analyse information and data and report findings in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively, to a wide range of audiences at weekly case clinics
- Previous collections and recoveries and/or outcome testing experience would advantageous
- Proven experience in the presentation of documentation to senior stakeholders
- Able to work in a team and act on own initiative to manage case load
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time