Hr Administrator - 9 Month Fixed Term ContractCompany:
To provide first level, high quality support to the employees and managers of Aldermore across the range of HR activities. Working with colleagues across the HR shared service team, the wider HR function and the business as a whole, this role is a key part of our team which aims to deliver an excellent HR experience for all employees of Aldermore.
Providing administrative support across the full employee life-cycle, including resourcing, learning and development, and other general HR queries relating to people policies and processes, the role will work as part of an expert team responding to daily queries and supporting the HR team in delivery of a first class service to the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Employee and manager support: act as subject matter expert and coach to all staff in the effective use of Oracle (our HRIS), to support and drive self service approach to people management; ensure that the HR section of the intranet remains current and relevant; participate in corporate induction sessions to ensure all new staff joining the Bank understand our organisation, structure and obligations.
- Resourcing: supporting managers with recruitment administration including administrative activities relating to the recruitment system, solving or escalating system queries, drafting and posting job adverts, preparation of contracts and offer letters, ensuring all necessary documentation in place; pre-employment screening for new starters; ensuring new starters added to systems as needed (eg payroll, training database; Oracle)
- Learning & Development: allocating appropriate on line training modules to all staff; supporting the L&D Partner with logistics of training programmes run within the Bank; assisting with activities relating to Wellbeing and Engagement initiatives; assisting with data production and follow up activities as needed
- Reward: supporting regular activity through the annual pay process, including administration around employee benefit and reward schemes; liasing with our external providers to ensure all plan participation is accurate and records complete and up to date; processing invoices in relation to plan costs; involvement in ad hoc reward based initiatives
- Payroll administration: review pay-related requests from managers to ensure compliance with relevant policies; compile monthly payroll data in the appropriate format in readiness for reporting and submission to Finance; carry out detailed and accurate data review to ensure payroll can be calculated properly; work with Finance to manage any payroll related queries
- Data management: manage all changes to employee data including communication with employees and other parties; ensuring robust data records within Oracle and other data records; carrying out data/file audits in line with Business Assurance requirements; ensure that all changes are accurately imported into payroll and HR systems
- Policy and process support: managing flow of queries into the general mailbox, responding with timely and accurate information to help employees and managers understand how people policies impact them and need to be operated.
- Process improvement: follow a programme of continuous improvement to ensure HR processes continue to run as effectively and efficiently as possible; maintenance and regular review of written SoPs to support activities within the team
- Cyclical HR activities: provide administrative support to the wider HR team in relation to any other Bank-wide HR processes eg salary review and bonus awards; performance review processes
- Supporting the wider HR function including Learning and Development, Business Partners and Resourcing.
- As Aldermore is an FCA and PRA regulated Bank, it is necessary for the HR team to understand the regulatory landscape for financial services firms in general, and to have an appreciation and knowledge of how this specifically impacts HR activities. This will include specific process steps that have Compliance/Risk implications, as well as a broader approach to administering staff records and files in a regulated environment
- The Senior Managers and Certification Regime will impact upon many administrative HR tasks, and it is critical that team members understand the Regime and its implications for day to day activity within the function. The Person.
- Experience of administering HR information in a timely and accurate manner – essential
- Experience of stakeholder management - essential
- Experience of using an HR database (Oracle - desirable), Recruitment systems (Taleo – desirable) and building management information - essential
- Experience of continuous improvement in processes - desirable
- Proven track record of working within a fast-paced environment – essential
- Proven track record of working within a customer service/customer-oriented environment, including excellent telephone manner - essential
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage multiple priorities on time, with the ability to structure the working day in the most effective way (i.e. strong personal organisation skills and workflow management) - essential
- Strong ability to work to strict deadlines – essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - essential
- High level of Microsoft Office skills to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook - essential
- Self-starter who is equally confident and effective working alone or as part of a wider team. Ensuring robust processes are in place and works to 100% accuracy – essential
- Understanding and working knowledge of the broad regulatory requirements of staff within Financial Services – desirable
- Ability to understand specific regulatory rules and follow modified processed accordingly – essential
- GCSE English Language or equivalent – Grade C - Essential
- GCSE Mathematics or equivalent – Grade C – Essential
- Working towards CIPD - Optional; further study may be supported based on work performance and business need The Reward.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary of up to £22k per annum and a competitive reward package, and you’ll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CV’s. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CV’s if authorised to do so by HR. Primary Location
: GB-GB-Manchester Job
: Aldermore Default Job Family Organization
: Aldermore BU Schedule
: Temporary Shift
: Standard Job Type
: Full-time Day Job Job Posting
: Feb 14, 2018, 1:05:05 PM
Other recent jobs in Manchester