Working Pattern: 35 hours per week, covering various shifts between Monday to Saturday
As a Barclays Assistant Manager, your role is to lead, grow and develop a highly engaged and highly performing Branch Team to deliver excellent service that supports our customers with their financial needs, interacting with them where and when they need us most.
You can count on plenty of respect from the local community, as well as the backing of a global leader in financial services. Best of all, you´ll have the chance to make your own day-to-day decisions. Include the market-leading training, competitive salary and benefits and outstanding chances for career progression, and its clear this is a tremendous opportunity. About us:
Working from our office in the heart of Manchester, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the digital leader and ´go-to´ bank. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years. As an Assistant Manager - your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading up to 10 colleagues at different levels within the branch, and you may also be involved in the recruitment of colleagues in the team
- Working alongside a Branch Manager as part of the leadership team, and working as the most senior manager present in branch on some occasions
- Working as part of a wider leadership team to re-allocate team members and resources to support other local branches in order to maintain high levels of customer service
- Helping the branch team to put themselves in customer’s shoes and understand how everyday products and services can help our customers now and in the future, as appropriate to their needs
- Cultivating a resolution culture where colleagues are customer advocates and are empowered to deal with customer requests fairly at the first point of contact
- Acting as an ambassador for Barclays by working with their team to support the needs of the wider community, enhancing the Barclays brand As an Assistant Manager - your skills and qualifications will include:
- Experience in a customer service environment, with a proven ability of managing and resolving complaints and queries to a high level of satisfaction
- Basic experience of recruitment and performance management processes and decisions is preferable
- Previous experience of leading within in a customer facing role where customer service is paramount is preferable
- Experience of having worked in a financial and regulatory environment is preferable The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That´s why at Barclays you´ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Diversity: At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation. We will consider applications from job share applicants Ready to apply? There are up to five stages to our application process: 1. Application: On your application we´ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it´s a good idea to have it ready. 2. Online Assessment: We´ll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they´ll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail. 3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail. 4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we´ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we´ll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot. 5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we´ll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome. Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
Other recent jobs in Manchester