It Service Desk AnalystCompany:
Specsavers remains the number one optical retailer in the UK and continues to grow each year but we don’t like to rest on our laurels. In recent years, we’ve introduced and rapidly expanded our audiology services, opened hundreds of stores in new international territories and taken our services out to the homes of those unable to access our stores. We never sit still and our consistent growth means we’re always interested in taking on new, talented people. There’s never been a better time to join the Specsavers journey.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a 1st Line IT Service desk role to deliver professional IT support to colleagues in our stores. Your overall responsibility will be to efficiently handle and accurately record incoming incidents via the phone, email and our internal portal. You will diagnose and resolve a wide range of store technical issues and manage incidents through to a resolution. You will build and develop relationships with your key stakeholders, creating positive engagement through management of expectations and agreed objectives.
This role is based at our Nottingham city centre office, and you will also have the opportunity to visit our stores and deliver service improvements so it’s important you have a “can-do” attitude to keep the wheels turning when demands are high.
In return we can offer you a challenging position with excellent opportunities. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes pension, personal bonus, health and dental cover. This role will require the ability to work shifts 8am-8pm and some weekends 9am-5pm.
We are looking for true talent: people who are eager for the opportunity and never lose sight of our mission. It´s going to be an exciting journey - and you could be part of it!
- Handling and recording incoming incidents via the phone, chat or portal, promptly and effectively
- Administration of IT Account changes in line with current security operating processes and procedures
- Diagnosing and resolving a wide range of store / business technical issues
- Ensuring that all call details are captured and that clear updates and closure notes are maintained in the call logging software
- Matching Incidents against open Incidents, Problems, Known Errors or Priority Incidents and acting accordingly
- Managing Incidents through to resolution with a high degree of ownership
- Identifying gaps in recorded knowledge and suggesting/creating knowledge base articles
- Recording/managing Incidents with 3rd Party suppliers
- Keeping customers updated as to progress and conducting store visits when required.
- Escalating to Problem Management / IT SD Team Leader / Manager any issues where a resolution may be delayed or is not clear
- Working individually or as part of a team developing Service Improvement Projects
- To effectively share knowledge and maintain good communication with all colleagues as to issues that impact service or solutions that can be employed
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in an IT Service Desk environment supporting 500+ customers (In a front line capacity)
- A competent level of hardware / software troubleshooting ability.
- Experience of effectively using call logging software – Preferably Service Now
- Experience of remote diagnostic tools such as - VNC or PC anywhere
- Experience of executing remote processes or scripts to resolve issues
- Ability to work shifts and weekends - occasional overtime / overnight stays involved with store visits
- Professional telephone manner and good general communication (written and verbal)
- Positive personality with a strong work ethic and ability to work effectively within a team
- Used to working in a changing and challenging environment, the successful candidate will have an evident "can-do" attitude with a strong desire to develop a career within the IT Service Sector.
Desirable skills include
- A track record of implementing good ideas (within a Service Desk) to improve customer support.
- Knowledge of Service Now, Microsoft Products, IT account administration, Bespoke software support
Specsavers is a partnership and we firmly believe success comes from the work and enthusiasm of our highly-motivated people, As a family owned business, people are at the heart of all we do, that is why we have fantastic reward package.
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing 1 day for every 5 years of service
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Annual profit share bonus scheme
- Specsavers Perks offering discount at a number of high street retailers
- Health care scheme
- Flexible benefits package. This includes the option to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
- Eye test and glasses vouchers every 2 years
- A wide range of internal training courses
- Pension scheme
- A full and comprehensive induction programme followed by on-going structured personal development plan
Other recent jobs in Nottingham