Job Description Line Manager:
1) JOB PURPOSE
To source, implement and manage a building asset management system. To allocate resources against planned and reactive maintenance tasks to ensure best practice and statutory compliance.
2) KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of a project team research, implement, develop and manage a building asset management system.
- Plan, mobilise, prioritise and manage both internal and external resources to ensure planned and reactive maintenance are provided and utilised in a reliable, safe way.
- Continually review effectiveness of building asset management system.
- Contribute effective technical support to continuously work toward improving maintenance management.
- Lead as a central communication point for all planned and reactive maintenance activities including capital investment.
- Monitor costs in relation to maintenance
- In conjunction with departmental managers allocate PPM work in compliance to due dates and available resources.
- Communicate the schedule to the staff, contractors and other building users.
- Alongside departmental managers ensure relevant external service contracts are agreed, implemented and managed
- Manage and maintain compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation.
- Develop audit and inspection system to manage compliance of maintenance of plant and equipment
- Coordinate audits and action plans.
- Providing accurate reports against asset management.
- Develop the building asset management system to inform the annual repairs and maintenance budgets.
- Develop, agree and manage, in consultation with Departmental Managers the 25 year plan for major maintenance.
- Form part of team to implement building refurbishment projects.
- To be an active member of the Facilities and Buildings Teams and attend all scheduled meetings.
- To contribute to overall strategic business planning initiatives.
- To undertake other tasks or duties as may be allocated from time to time in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
3) HEALTH & SAFETY, CUSTOMER CARE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
All staff are expected to maintain high standards of customer care, to uphold the Equality and Diversity Policy and Health & Safety standards, and to participate in training activities necessary to their post.
4) OTHER DUTIES
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out any other duties as directed by a manager. The responsibility level of any other duties should not exceed those outlined above.
There may be a requirement, in the future, to manage or supervise staff according to the needs of the business.
Qualification Higher Diploma or Degree in a suitable Building Services discipline or higher
Relevant Health and Safety qualification - IOSH Managing Safely, or higher
Experience & Knowledge Current working knowledge/experience of best practice and statutory compliance in relations to plant and equipment
Technical knowledge of plant and equipment maintenance schedules
Have experience of setting up building asset management system
Ability to create, maintain and review a robust building asset management system to manage maintenance across the business
Experience of managing/operating a building asset management system across multiple departments or multi site operations
Develop audit systems to manage compliance of maintenance of plant and equipment
Solid line management experience and the ability to motivate various teams to deliver
Financial Planning and Control Source and deliver a building asset management system within project guidelines
Develop the building asset management system to inform the annual repairs and maintenance budgets
Develop, agree and manage, in consultation with Departmental Managers the 25 year plan for major maintenance
General Proficient IT Skills to enable efficient department working eg. e-mail, reports, excel, project planning, building asset management system
The ability to perform duties independently with only general direction
Communication The ability to work strategically across a number of different departments to build relationships with contractors and departmental managers
Have good communication skills
Equality and Diversity Must demonstrate an awareness of equality issues, and a commitment to the implementation of the National Ice Centre Equality and Diversity Policy.
Ability to challenge discriminatory behaviour.