Assistant Business Planning Manager
We commit to enrich the life of every person. We are a health-led Optician, yet care about a whole lot more.
This is our purpose in Boots Opticians why we come to work every day. If this sounds like something you can commit to delivering, then read on.
The importance of your role
Its an extremely exciting time to be a part of Boots Opticians, with an ambitious plan for growth, massive investment in the capability of our colleagues and a market-changing customer offer launched in 2014. You will play a part in helping us achieve our purpose by managing and developing the initiative plan in order to drive compliance and structure in the delivery of projects into our Practices.
What youll be doing day to day
You will work closely with the Business Portfolio Manager to provide greater return on investment through the management and tracking of the Boots Opticians in-year activity plan. You will act as an enabler and set up others across the business to effectively manage the plan and the activities to help deliver it. Tasks include:
- Initiating, developing and implementing the day-to-day control, administration and information management processes for the in-year plan by co-ordinating input from numerous sources (e.g. programme and project leads, functional representatives) and by challenging where required in order to compile and maintain a robust activity plan
- Reporting progress against the activity plan, liaising with the activity owners to identify and resolve issues where possible and escalate as necessary
- Implement, run and communicate portfolio office processes including
- Risk and issue management
- Change management
- Dependency management
- Finances management (including benefit delivery tracking)
- Support all teams to integrate into the Boots Opticians activity planning processes and ways of working
- Control the receipt, identification, storage and issue of all official portfolio products and manage document filing procedures i.e. traceability, tracking and version control
- Manage portfolio facilities and configuration management (workspace, environment etc.)
- Generate purchase order and work order requests and track progress
- Ad-hoc administration requests (i.e. assist with meeting facilitation, take minutes for related meetings)
Contributing to, producing materials and direct contact with senior level stakeholders is also a key function of the role and there is a potential need to act as project management resource for appropriate initiatives within the plan.
How will you do it?
You will develop great relationships that are strong enough to be challenged and influenced even when faced with adversity. You will have experience and an understanding of large retail organisations. You will have excellent reporting knowledge and ability, identifying the relevant data to be gathered, interpreted and produce insights to support decision making. There is a need to be able to work accurately in the detail as well as be comfortable with ambiguity. You will have a proven track record of success and engaging others, and the ability to network across all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships.
What youll need to have
Were looking for stunning people, with a friendly personality. Its all about working together as one great team after all its our people that are at the heart of our business. Its a fantastic opportunity to add to your own development, and a chance to learn more about us as a business. You will be able to confidently present information and ideas to the wider team based on insight, reality, opportunity and in an engaging way. Were looking for somebody who:
- Is diligent and tenacious with portfolio, programme and project disciplines with the ability to draw on the right tools for a particular stage of the planning lifecycle
- Has excellent planning skills and understanding including detailed sequencing and change management
- Is capable of strong analytical thinking, able to demonstrate independence of thought with decisions based on facts not opinions
- Is an expert user of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Has a strong financial understanding and awareness
- Has excellent communication skills including good influencing skills, able to influence in different styles and situations and at all levels
Experience within a programme/project management office is desirable, however it isnt just about experience and qualifications, were interested in seeing a bit more, the real you.
We commit to enriching the life of every person. We are a health-led Optician, yet care about a whole lot more that includes you!