Job Description Purpose:
- To control all production activities to ensure health, safety, quality and customer requirements are met. To constantly seek to improve Company performance in all areas of responsibility. Responsibilities:
1. Leadership of a multi shift manufacturing team, circa 70 reports, 5 direct.
3. Ensure that production output is achieved to meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual budgetary targets.
4. Ensure that customer delivery schedules are met maintaining On Time Delivery and total customer satisfaction.
5. Monitor and control production costs.
6. Control and reduce WIP inventory to the lowest possible levels.
7. Minimise scrap and rework.
8. Recruitment, deployment, discipline and terms of conditions of all employees within the Production Department in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
9. Develop, a cohesive team of operating staff excelling in high customer service performance levels.
10. Develop the full use of staff resources (through formal Performance Appraisal as appropriate), setting realistic performance targets and reviewing achievements against the targets.
11. Analyse performance against key measurables and formulate and implement action plans for improvements.
12. Liaise with all functions to develop smooth services to all customers. Improve service levels by streamlining the workflows and concentrating on the added value activities.
17. Monitor and control the Health and Safety requirements of the production area in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
18. Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholders capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment.
Qualifications Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
- Minimum of HNC in engineering discipline preferred, substantial experience and knowledge of engineering production methods is essential.
- Practical experience of at least one of the following disciplines sheet metalwork, machining, fitting and assembly, welding and metal treatments.
- Commercial and business acumen with experience of man management and the ability to motivate and empower the workforce.
- Relevant production management experience in an industrial environment.