I have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager/Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to join my client in Nottingham. My client is a specialist fire safety and protection company providing services to a diverse range of clients.
Looking for a permanent member of staff but would consider contract. Job Purpose:
The Procurement role will be responsible for the act of acquiring, buying goods, services or works from an external source. Negotiating the best commercial terms with each supplier whilst being aware of the businesss current and annual financial status. You will order materials as requested by the Contracts Managers inline with best value in relation to cost, quality, payment terms and service from suppliers throughout the life cycle of each project.
The QS/Estimator will be responsible for producing priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within strict deadlines. The Estimator will also be responsible for the measurement of all tender drawings and the management of all additional surveying documentation requested in relation to project tenders, Design and Build and other pricing measures as required. You will be responsible for monitor all Global procurement online portals and tender submissions in conjunction with the management team. Key Responsibilities:
Estimator/ Quantity Surveying/
- Prepare and submit quotations/tenders ensuring that the estimates are built-up based on cost and broken down into Labour / Plant/ Materials / Subcontractors and Preliminaries.
- Prepare the best price clearly labelled that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably. Within given timescales.
- Offer the client suggestions on alternative passive fire protection methods and/or products.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value engineering.
- Commercial management and contract administration. Understand risk and report any concerns to the Managing Director.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Ensure that all Variations and extras are charged to the client.
- Complete final accounts.
- Monitor and apply release of retentions.
- Produce monthly cost analyses for the Operations Manager/Managing Director and Accountant.
- Monthly meeting with Operations and Contracts Managers to advise profit on contracts.
o Understanding of clients requirements.
o Positive approach to client care.
o Excellent written and verbal skills.
o Presentation skills.
o Precise and articulate.
o Innovator and part of the team player.
o Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office.
o Be able to communicate at all levels.
o Awareness of Project costings.
o Budget controls.
o Actively review costs and put forward cost saving ideas.
o Priorities workloads.
o Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
o Risks management.
o Setting Goals and Standards.
o Able to take ownership of projects and make rational decisions based on facts available
Continuous improvement at time.
The job profile is a non-exclusive compilation of duties carried out by this role and other tasks appropriate to the roles skills and experiences may be required from time to time.
- Manage the companys online portals. PQQ, tender submissions, etc
2 - 3 years in the PFP (fire) industry/construction, covering a wide range of projects from repair and maintenance to new build (PFP and Doors), values from £5k to £3m.
Personal Skills Required.
- Good IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A working knowledge of industrial safety systems and associated regulations.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Must to able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Creative and resourceful.
To apply for this role please submit your CV or call Alexandra on (Apply online only) after 8.30am any week day