Project Manager - BbcCompany:
Interservefm Ltd Location:
An opportunity to be part of the Commercial BU team as a Project Manager (PM) working on numerous Projects simultaneously. This is a Client ´side´ role and will be based at either client or Interserve offices across the UK or could be home based.
- The PM will be responsible for the successful project management of general construction including some M&E projects delivered by Interserve as part of their Client´s annual Capital Plan.
A key part of the role is to support the project management team in the delivery of their project portfolio.
- The PM will undertake the detailed planning of the inception/briefing stage and manage the projects through feasibility into pre contract and procurement and onward through construction, commissioning and handover back to the Client.
- The PM will liaise with and manage the commercial team with the aim of procuring goods and services in the most effective manner.
- The PM will identify and procure the services of specialist designers and contractors as required to successfully deliver their allocated projects.
- The PM will responsible for ensuring compliance with agreed methodology and gateway approvals relevant to each individual Project.
- The PM will have sufficient knowledge, experience and ability to undertake the role of the Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015 for the majority of the projects to be delivered. Where the PM is not acting as the PD they will ensure that Health and Safety issues are effectively managed through consultation and liaison with the appointed Principal Designer, the Client´s H & S representative and the suppliers/contractors health and safety team.
- The PM will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all change during the project lifecycle
- The successful applicant will have experience of managing projects that include both building fabric repairs/alterations and mechanical and electrical building services. Through their knowledge and experience they must be able to provide the client and contractors with solutions to problems they encounter during the life of a building. They must be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, be able to make decisions and show initiative.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the programme´s governance arrangements
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects
- Managing the project´s budget on behalf of the Programme Manager, monitoring the expenditures and costs through liaison with the Commercial team
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to individual projects
- Managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget
- Managing third party contributions to the project
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
- Reporting progress of projects at regular intervals to the programme manager
- Management of H&S of projects including on site audits
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement
- Providing aftercare services to the customer
- Any other duties relevant to the role
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of Client side project management with a demonstrable experience in the facilitation and production of work scopes and programmes.
They must be;
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package
- Competent in the use of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project desirable
- Possess an appropriate CSCS Card
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the often disparate members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of project management approaches, such as PRINCE2, would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Flexible in approach to solving issues and delivering programmes
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Degree qualified with Corporate Membership of a construction or services related institute preferable e.g. RICS/CIOB/RIBA/CIBSE or APM Membership
- Full time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Company car/cash allowance
- Single UK Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
Other recent jobs in Nottingham