The White House Residential Home Location:
The White House Residential Home & Dementia Home accommodates 33 persons who require personal care over the age of 65 years. The White House is situated at the head of Rivelin Valley in the Peak National Park, opposite The Rivelin Dams.
To manage overall cleanliness and hygiene of the Care Home.
To manage, and participate in, the cleaning rota.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team Player
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- Care for the elderly experience
- Highly organised
- Knowledge/experience of health and safety legislation
- Prioritise workload of, and allocate tasks to, Domestic and Laundry Staff.
- Create and maintain cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc) for all areas of the care centre (excluding those maintained by kitchen staff), in line with the Companys attention to detail philosophy.
- Ensure that the following are carried out at appropriate intervals in all areas of the care home (excluding those maintained by kitchen staff), in line with the Companys attention to detail philosophy:
o Thorough cleaning of all areas
o Dusting, vacuuming and washing down all areas.
o Cleaning of all windows.
o Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable)
o Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards.
o Shampooing of carpets.
o Cleaning of curtains and furniture.
o Emptying/cleaning of waste bins.
o Restocking of toiletries, soaps, towels etc.
o Laundry duties.
- Conduct random audit checks of all areas of the care home (excluding those maintained by kitchen staff), at appropriate intervals, to ensure cleaning has been properly carried out.
- Continuously assess the work of all staff members to ensure consistently high standards undertaking staff supervision and staff appraisals.
- Liaise with the Home Manager regarding the effectiveness of cleaning products, and ensure their safe storage.
- Participate in staff and client meetings as and when required.
- Liaising with outside contractors, where applicable.
Training & Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Liaise with the Home Manager regarding COSHH training. To ensure full understanding of COSSH regulations and ensure they are adhered to throughout the home.
- Supervise and instruct junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work in the care centre, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant N/SVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or another.
- Adhere to the Care Homess disposal of waste policy.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the care homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handy Person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the care centre.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the care home.
- Maintaining stocks of cleaning products etc.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the care home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Job Type: Permanent
Required licence or certification:
- Must hold driving licence
Other recent jobs in Sheffield