Senior Care AssistantCompany:
The White House Residential Home Location:
The White House Residential Home & Dementia Home accommodates 32 persons who require personal care over the age of 65 years. The White House is situated at the head of the Rivelin Valley in the Peak National Park, opposite The Rivelin Dam.
Senior Care Assistant Required:
- Genuine interest in and experience of working with, the relevant client group.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Satisfactory Police Checks and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- NVQ Level 2 and willingness to work towards Level 3
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience/qualification in the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting clients, when required, with all aspects of daily living.
- Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, under the supervision of senior staff members.
- Assist clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring clients retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting clients who have limited mobility, or physical/learning difficulties making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor clients who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Assist in the delivery of care for clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
- Complete, observe & review care planning needs for Clients, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Companys policies and procedures.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with clients and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home
- Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required.
- Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
- Report on well-being of clients and liaise with GPs and support managers etc.
- Carry out regular checks on clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with Care Homes disposal of waste policy.
- Ensure the care centres resources are used appropriately.
- Clean and maintain equipment used by clients/relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure that care centre is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Companys attention to detail philosophy.
- If applicable, care for clients clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Companys policies and procedures.
- Assist clients who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc). Assist with serving of food/drinks as requested/required. Wash up as requested/required.
- Escort clients travelling to and from the care centre e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with clients personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with clients.
- Dispense medication, and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication (after satisfactory completion of the Safe Handling of Medicines course).
- Ensure all holistic assessments are carried out when clients are admitted to the care centre e.g. covering nutritional and incontinence issues, risk assessments etc.
- Participate in staff and client meetings as and when required.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.50 /hour
- Health and social care: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
Other recent jobs in Sheffield