Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Assistant Ref: 73Company:
Skills Made Easy Location:
Corner House Nursery School was established in 1993 and has had the same owner and manager since then. They are committed to providing a secure and welcoming environment where young children can learn and achieve. They have a consistently good reputation for working with children, helping them become more confident and enthusiastic about learning.
- Assist senior staff to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and become familiar with its contents. Contribute to observations
- Record keeping and planning future learning for children, this will be carried out under the supervision of senior staff.
- Contribute to a program of activities suitable for the age and developmental stage of the children in your base.
- Act as a good role model to the children in your care.
- Ensure a high standard of care for young children by being aware of and providing for their individual needs.
- Have respect for the diversity and differing needs of all children and contribute to a high quality environment which meets their individual needs.
- Create a clean warm and safe environment for the children in our care.
- Be polite and supportive to childrens parents and other family members.
- Offer help and assistance whenever possible.
- Be aware of the key principles of safeguarding and child protection and be diligent in ensuring the safety of all children.
- Always inform senior staff if you are in any way concerned about the welfare of a child.
- Any other required duties
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities;
- Be able to work in a busy environment
- Be dependable
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be confident
- Can use own initiative
- Have a genuine love of children.
- A to C Maths and English preferred.
- Must have a Level 2 in a Nursery-related qualification
- Monday - Friday Shifts TBC
- Total hours per week: 37.50
Things to consider : An apprenticeship wage can start at £3.50 per hour and this may affect your ability to travel to your place of work, please take travel costs along with estimated travel time into consideration before you apply for an apprenticeship position.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Other recent jobs in Sheffield