Preventative Maintenance TechnicianCompany:
UK Recruitment Location:
We are currently recruiting a preventative maintenance technician for our prestigious client in the Stoke-On-Trent area.
The job role will include -
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain all company assets, ensuring maximum operating efficiency.
- Support the engineering team to troubleshooting and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to plc´s, drives, motors, gearboxes, valves and burners.
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown.
- Pro-actively investigate asset overhaul/continuous improvement of assets.
- Conduct emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform planned preventative maintenance of production equipment.
Fabricate parts if not readily available, using available components and machinery
- Work safely at all times and provide leadership to others regarding operating procedures and requirements for working safely with plant assets.
- Inform management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Effectively use equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Identify and resolve any defective operations, materials or processes and report those to management.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas incorporating 5S standards.
- Adopt a ´right first time´ ethos regarding engineering solutions.
- Maintain high engineering standards in all aspects of work.
- Maintain and develop engineering spares to ensure all critical components are stocked.
- Additional duties and tasks as required by the company.
Apply expert knowledge of assets and process to support production with process faults, changes and improvements.
To apply for this position you would need a minimum off 5 years experience in mechanical engineering experience and PPM experience.
Also you would need to know/have qualifications off -
- Completed a full modern apprentership
- Trained in the use of CMMS
- Trained and certified in mechanical engineering
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 and Friday 07:30 - 12:30.
Salary is 25k+, dependent on experience depends on the salary that would be offered.
If you are interested in this position please apply for immediate interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year
Other recent jobs in Stoke-on-trent