OSI Systems, Inc. Location:
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
The candidate will be a ‘hands on, can do’ person responsible for the overall Program Management of pre-determined projects dealing with all Internal and External Stakeholders. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. Responsibilities
- Set up of the project management process for executing the project.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the Project and develop a financial baseline.
- Communicate to Senior Management through Project Reviews and other means, updates and snapshots of the Project including highlighting issues in a timely manner.
- Manage the following aspects of the Project:
- Overall Engineering development efforts
- Contract Deliverables and Contract Milestones
- Risk management plan development and mitigation strategy.
- Sub Contractors and Distributors, as required
- Interface with Civil Construction contractors
- Document the Project including:
- Maintaining the Project Gantt or Schedule
- Reporting and consolidating all other Project related documentation inc that from Civil or other Sub Contractors and Distributors.
- Working with the sales team and logistics to ensure that the Commercial, Licence, Shipping and related documents are in process and/or complete, accurate and/or available within the related Project timeframes.
- Achieve Factory, Site and Final Acceptance processes in conjunction with QA/QC Team.
- Confirm System complete to BoM prior to Shipping and on arrival at Site including Install Tools and Spares Packages and in full compliance with the documentation requirements.
- Work with the identified Installation and training resources to ensure that all availability, travel, planning, labor and other resources are in place to complete the Project.
- Manage Customer expectations including installation timeframe.
- Ensure completion of Project v Plan including Estimate to Complete.
- Work with other installation OEM Vendors as required
- Manage handover to the Customer including completion of Final Acceptance.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Degree educated preferably Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Ideally PMP or similar PM professional qualification or PRINCE2 qualified.
- A good communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to articulate both the Product and Process to any Customer or Project Stakeholder.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic equipment or complex multi-disciplined equipment or systems ideally with knowledge of inspection systems.
- Have managed installations of equipment Projects ideally outside of the UK or mainland US and prepared to travel and remain at Project Sites or location for prolonged periods.
- Dealt with Multi Agency, diverse Sub Contractors and/or complex Government End User/Customer at Site and throughout a Project
- Ideally with additional ‘skill-sets’ i.e. H&S, ILS or QA/QC or Process background.
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
Other recent jobs in Stoke-on-trent