Sporting Group International Ltd Location:
Stoke City Football Club is a professional football club based in Stoke-onTrent, Staffordshire, that plays in the premier League.
Currently recruiting for a Conference and Event Sales Manager, this is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking a role within the sports industry but more importantly passionate about sales and Events.
- The Conference and Events Manager is responsible for the sales team, whose main objective is to generate income from meetings, events and conference hire at the bet365 Stadium.
- The role requires someone who is commercially minded with an ability to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on them.
- Experience in conference and events management is essential, the ideal candidate should be able to inspire and motivate the sales team whilst overseeing all operational delivery.
- In this multifaceted role (involving sales, financial planning and forecasting, marketing, communications and operational delivery) the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organisational and project management ability. They should also be able to demonstrate a track record of developing efficient and cost-effective processes.
Main duties of the role:
- To achieve sales targets and expand the business
- Responsible for developing a sales plan to drive new business and expand the customer base by identifying and proactively sourcing new leads to maximise income.
- Proactive account management of existing clients. Nurture relationships to build loyalty and continually monitor sales activity to actively seek ways to upsell products and services.
- Responsibility for design and distribution of all marketing collateral including brochures, content on the Clubs website and any other agency or venue websites to promote the Club as a conference venue, ensuring a prominent presence within the industry
- To assist in the development of a strong brand and market position for the Conference & Event Centre and achieve a reputation for excellent customer service
- Attend various functions, conferences, shows or expos to continually promote the venue
To manage the sales team
- Oversee the day to day Conference & event operation, effectively managing all team members to ensure that the customer’s needs are identified and expectations are met and exceeded at all times
- Supervise enquiry handling process to ensure effective conversion rate
- Monitor sales team’s performance
- Development of individuals within the team
Management and analysis of information
- Manage the sales administration function, creating effective systems and procedures for booking and administering conferences and events, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible
- Analyse sales activity to inform business decisions
- Provide regular financial reports
- Contribute to budgeting process
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the bet365 Stadium remains competitive as a conference and events venue
Other recent jobs in Stoke-on-trent