Full & part time roles (40 hour FTE per week). Salary range £22,000-£26,000 pro rata p.a.
Exciting opportunities are available for experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Nutritionists with a passion and specialist interest in weight management. These roles will contribute to the development, provision and coordination of a Healthy Communities Integrated Lifestyle Service for adults aged over 50, delivered across the county of Staffordshire.
This community-based, multi component service brings together a range of different programmes under one Healthy Communities Service, centred on supporting residents to lead healthier lives. The service offers a personalised care package for adults over 50, with a focus on those over or underweight, socially isolated or at risk of falling, by providing psychological support, health checks, stop smoking advice, increasing physical activity and advice on maintaining a balanced and healthy diet.
You will be responsible for providing high quality patient-centred, timely care within the programme working within a multi-disciplinary specialist team. Providing expert nutrition advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of the principles of behaviour change, you will support adults across Staffordshire, to make and maintain health related behaviour changes.
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about providing high quality care and services.
- Experienced in delivering high standard nutritional care and advice within community services.
- Experienced in delivering one to one and group interventions, for patients with nutritional issues, who may also have co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Experienced in delivery of specialist care and treatment in health and community settings, with a minimum 2 years experience.
- Experienced in working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Currently registered with the Association of Nutritionists or BDA
To apply for this job visit www.everyonehealth.co.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities to download the job description and person specification and send a current CV with supporting letter to the email address on the website
Closing date is: 21st February 2018
Please note: Interviews will be held w/c 26th February 2018
This is a fixed term contract until April 2021 and is subject to satisfactory
enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and references.
As a nutritionist in our service, you will teach and inform our service users about diet and nutrition, aiming to promote good health and prevent disease in individuals and communities across Staffordshire. Specifically, you will, in line with NICE guidance, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based nutrition advice for adults seeking weight loss interventions or suffering from malnutrition in one to one and group settings.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide comprehensive assessment of nutritional needs and patient lifestyle in order to develop care plans to address nutritional issues.
- Evaluate nutritional needs and on-going support to patients in line with NICE guidance in a group and 1-2-1 settings, implementing skills and knowledge of behaviour change theories.
- Support the nutritional development, delivery, evaluation and quality assurance of the integrated service and provide key nutritional expertise to the multidisciplinary team and other colleagues within the service, ensuring excellent service delivery.
- Facilitate and empower patients to change behaviour and adopt positive lifestyle changes by providing health education and high quality nutritional counselling regarding healthy eating, helping patients to address barriers to change.
- To attend multi professional meetings to provide nutrition input regarding management for patients/clients including discharge planning and on-going management whilst respecting professional roles to ensure a supportive and proactive multi-disciplinary team.
- Support community engagement: build a network of key contacts and undertake networking publicity and promotional activity to raise the profile of the service and to identify and engage with target populations.
- Accountable for ensuring programme delivery is monitored using validated tools to collect and analyse patient performance outcome measures and evaluation, to ensure that the contractual KPIs are achieved and an excellent service is demonstrated; critical and rigorous implementation of all validated anthropometric measures at key milestones across the services, in line with the Standard Evaluation Framework, ensuring excellent recording, monitoring and reporting on patient outcomes.
- Utilising iMPACT (and other relevant systems) and internal reporting procedures to ensure rigorous data collection processes are robust, to evidence service efficacy through generation of excellent health outcome data, contributing to an internal qualitative and quantitative evidence base, and demonstrate best practice and value for money.
- Keep accurate records and written reports, ensuring patient personal information is recorded in accordance with Everyone Healths and Local Authority policies; Caldicott Guardian, Information Governance, Data Protection and Data Sharing compliance.
- Assist the development of continual service improvement and client/patient-centred services in accordance with participant feedback, NICE guidance, national and local recommendations, professional competences and SLM policies and procedures, ensuring the service is delivered in line with CQC and HSCICs regulations.
- Be compliant with all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines; including the appropriate code(s) of conduct associated with this post; maintain awareness of safeguarding issues, report and acting on concerns in accordance with Everyone Health and Local Authority policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety of all patients by undertaking: risk assessments, health and safety checks, equipment checks etc., as directed by the Service Manager and Clinical Lead. Respond to any relevant clinical / colleague issues / incidences to manage a mitigate risk, and maintain best practice.
- Be responsible and accountable for achievement of relevant contractual targets including referrals, uptake, completion percentage targets and effective outcome measures, through delivery of high standard nutritional care.
- Actively participate in community engagement to ensure services are delivered efficiently and effectively, targeting priority groups to ensure the successful recruitment and retention of patients within the service.
- Take responsibility for own CPD and synthesise new knowledge into the development of your own practice, participate in training and continual professional development as required; recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by professional body.
- Ensure that commitment to equality and diversity is reflected at all stages of project planning, delivery and evaluation, in line with agreed service standards.
- Support in administrative duties related to your patients, for example letters to referrers, follow up phone calls, motivational text messages as required.
- Be an ambassador for Everyone Health, promoting the Healthy Communities Lifestyle Service to members of the public and other stakeholders/ partners, where appropriate.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ability to produce detailed, accurate, patient nutrition care plans.
- Ability to translate complex nutritional information into a format that is appropriate and understandable for patients to support compliance with healthy eating intervention and advice.
- A commitment to continuous service improvement with expert insight into patients needs, so that all patients receive high quality care.
- Passionate about putting patients first and delivering a high quality service, emotionally sensitive and empathetic to members of the public who wish to improve their health
- Proven ability to relate, motivate and confidently engage individuals in activities and discussion as part of a group and in a 1:1 situations.
- Ability to work independently and manage own work load; able to work effectively and supportively as a multi-disciplinary team member.
- Sound interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with all levels of colleagues, including effective partnerships with other agencies and service providers.
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes.
- Good presentation of self: enthusiastic, innovative and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals including participants, colleagues and external partners.
- Proven planning, organisational and evaluation skills.
- Ability to organise, monitor and check work to ensure no element of a task is left unfinished.
- Ability to use generic software packages
- Sound knowledge of the complex care of the obese and morbidly obese or underweight patient.
- Knowledge of specific nutrition requirements for delivering specialist health improvement programmes for adults over 50 years of age.
- Knowledge of stigma associated with obesity and effects on social and emotional well-being.
- Knowledge of weight management, nutrition and physical activity in relation to health improvement.
- Knowledge of psychological and behaviour change theoretical techniques in relation to supporting people to make positive lifestyle changes.
- Knowledge of NICE guidance relating to the treatment of obesity and malnutrition
- Knowledge and understanding of the Patient Confidentiality Act and the Data Protection Act.
- Sound knowledge of clinical governance.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with adults within the community across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Experience of working with adults over 50 years of age in a 1-2-1 and group environment, to support positive lifestyle change.
- Experience of delivering high quality patient nutritional support through 1-2-1 and group settings.
- Experience of devising and leading treatment programmes.
- Experience of working with patients of different cultures, genders and ages in targeted communities, in particular older people.
- Experience of working to time schedules.
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes.
- Experience of working to challenging performance targets and achieving excellent outcomes.
- Essential - Relevant degree/postgraduate degree in nutrition, or a minimum of 2 years´ experience in this field
- Essential - Member of the Association for Nutrition (AfN) or BDA
- Highly motivated self-starter with resilience, determination and the ability to see jobs through to completion.
- Role incorporates evening / weekend working, with variable levels of travel across Staffordshire, working in a variety of settings including home visits, the community and healthcare settings.
- Full UK licence with access to a car (with business purposed insurance) for work
- Evidence of a personal commitment to continuing professional development and to maintaining an up-to-date professional knowledge supporting the development of business within the company.
- This post involves working with vulnerable adults and as such the post holder will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level (DBS).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- Devising and leading treatment programmes: 1 year
- working with adults within the community: 2 years
- Delivering high quality patient nutrititional support: 2 years
- Working with adults over 50 in 1-2-1 & group settings: 1 year
- working as part of a mulitidisciplinary team: 1 year
- Delivery of specialist care & health & community settings: 2 years
Required licences or certifications:
- current registration with Association for Nutrition (AfN)
- Full driving licence and access to insured car for work