This apprentice has a massive opportunity to join a well-respected and growing business. The role will be for a junior IT technician, working at the office and at clients businesses around North Staffs and South Cheshire.
We are a outsourced IT solutions company so at our core we manage all aspects of our clients IT, from internal network, data backup to printers / mobile devices, etc. The following will be required but training will be provided.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Monday Friday 9:00am 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
Qualifications A minimum of 5 GCSEs C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Analytical skills, the ability to think first and then act
Confidence to regularly visit clients
Ability to manage own time and workload
Excellent telephone manner
Have a positive can-do attitude
Strong communicative skills
Excellent organisational skills
Future Prospects Potential for the successful applicant to have a full-time, permanent role within the business with discussion around progression onto a Level 4 qualification.
Aspire Achieve Advance Ltd
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend your academy for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a L3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualification will consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).
Qualification Gained Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
£ (per week)
IT Support Apprentice
£ (per week)
Apprentice IT Support Technician
£ (per week)