It Service Delivery ManagerCompany:
Certes are currently working with an exciting client based in Stoke-on-Trent who are looking to appoint a Service Delivery Manager. Salary:
Stoke-on-Trent Job Type:
Full Time, Permanent. Start:
ASAP. Purpose of role:
The role has the accountability for delivering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line end user technology support to the business, adopting ITIL v3 best practice where practical. The role holder is also accountable to the smooth running of the Service Desk incorporating incident & problem management, system change & release management as well as continuity, licensing and capacity management. Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Develop and drive excellence in service standards, introducing ITIL v3 processes and standards across the full range of Service Desk services and at all sites, whether provided in house or by external
- Act as the liaison with the business continuity team for disaster recovery and service continuity planning activities; own the Technology and Change (System) Recovery plans.
- Manage, lead and direct resources within the Service Desk team, encouraging them to work within the processes defined and suppliers.
- Track and correlate key reporting KPI´s vs SLA´s for the production of weekly service reporting, including where Key Risk Indicators (KRI´s) are impacted.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all customer departments across the business.
- Act as the prime point of contact for all major Technology and Change incidents, including the production of Root Cause Analysis deployed as behavioural exemplars and to resolve problems creatively and effectively.
- Maintain the Service Catalogue to record and define the services and products provided by the department and the service levels and standards planned and to be achieved for those catalogue items.
- Deploy mechanisms that lead to positive relationships between the department, major service suppliers and key business partners. Ensure service level agreements with external suppliers meet the company´s needs and are included in contracts and that there are agreed processes in place to manage and develop the services provided within any commercial relationships.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of appropriate supporting and operational documentation for the internal and service delivery processes of the team.
- Take a lead role in assessing, surveying and reporting upon internal customer satisfaction with services provided; the efficacy of the processes deployed; and the effectiveness and behaviour of the staff and suppliers involved.
- Undertake performance appraisals for the assessment and development of staff within the Service Desk team including their professional, technical, and professional skills.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking / conferences /associations / groups, to stay current on Industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and coach other team members in their own development.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department, the team and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
If you are looking for you next big move and feel you have the necessary experience to be successful then please don´t delay and apply today.
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.
Other recent jobs in Stoke-on-trent