Merryfields School DEPUTY HEADTEACHER
for September 2018
Group 4 L 13-15
NOR 108 Celebrating success and achievement.
Due to the promotion of our existing outstanding Deputy Headteacher, the Governors at Merryfields School are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader with the knowledge, vision and enthusiasm to further enhance our dynamic team and continual journey towards excellence.
This is a superb opportunity for some who shares our strong vision for all our children, families and staff.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven strategic leadership and management experience
- Can challenge and support colleagues in their journey to outstanding practice;
- Has exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Is able to work alongside the whole school community to ensure the continued success of our thriving school;
- Has a dynamic personality who relishes a challenge! Has ambition and is an aspiring Headteacher;
- Is an ambitious, hard-working and supportive senior leader;
- Will have a fantastic team of staff and governors who are committed to providing the best education for all our children and who are eager to learn themselves;
- Puts strong emphasis on professional development;
- Be confident in leading the safeguarding team.
We will give you:
- A dedicated, happy and talented staff team;
- Happy, motivated pupils;
- A dynamic, forward thinking leadership team;
- A creative school;
- Staff with high expectations of behaviour, learning and personal development;
- A knowledgeable and supportive Governing Body;
- An excellent opportunity to influence and shape the future of our school, staff and pupils;
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. Appointments are available on Monday 5 th , Tuesday 6 th and Wednesday 7 th March 2018 and can be made with the school office. If these dates are unsuitable, other dates may be possible on a request basis.
Lesson observations will be conducted Tuesday 27 th or Wed 28 th March or after Easter. These will be booked with school office contacting shortlisted candidates by 3pm Friday 23 rd March.
Interviews April 19 th 2018.
To apply for this post please download the application form below in the Available Documents Section.
Closing Date: Friday 16 th March 2018 at 12pm.
All application forms should be returned directly to the school.
Newcastle under Lyme
Merryfields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.