For September 2018
Celebrating success and achievement.
Due to the promotion of our existing outstanding Deputy Headteacher, the Governors at Merryfields School are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader with the knowledge, vision and enthusiasm to further enhance our dynamic team and continual journey towards excellence.
This is a superb opportunity for some who shares our strong vision for all our children, families and staff. We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven strategic leadership and management experience
- Can challenge and support colleagues in their journey to outstanding practice;
- Has exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Is able to work alongside the whole school community to ensure the continued success of our thriving school;
- Has a dynamic personality who relishes a challenge! Has ambition and is an aspiring Headteacher;
- Is an ambitious, hard-working and supportive senior leader;
- Will have a fantastic team of staff and governors who are committed to providing the best education for all our children and who are eager to learn themselves;
- Puts strong emphasis on professional development;
- Be confident in leading the safeguarding team.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. Appointments are available on Monday 5th, Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th March 2018 and can be made with the school office. If these dates are unsuitable, other dates may be possible on a request basis.
Lesson observations will be conducted Tuesday 27th or Wed 28th March or after Easter. These will be booked with school office contacting shortlisted candidates by 3pm Friday 23rd March.
Interviews April 19th 2018. Closing Date:
Friday 16th March 2018 at 12pm.
All application forms should be returned directly to the school.
You can view more information about this vacancy by clicking on the documents below.
Clicking on a link will open a pop-up window containing the relevant details.
You may view, print or download the details from there.
Merryfields School DHT Applictaion form.doc
Merryfields School DHT Job Description February 18.doc
Merryfields School DHT Person Specification February 18.doc
Merryfields School DHT Recruitment Monitoring Form.doc
DBS Checks This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B.
You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at:
www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/ To apply for this vacancy, please contact: Email: