Inorganics Chemistry ManagerCompany:
ALS Environmental Ltd Location:
Inorganics Chemistry Manager Wakefield
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Inorganics Chemistry Manager at ALS Environmental in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role has responsibility for the Inorganic department at the Wakefield site, you will have responsibility for four direct Team Leader reports and you will report to the Wakefield Site Operations Manager.
About the Position
Hours Per Week: 37
Days Per Week: Monday to Friday
Basis: Full-time and Permanent
Annual Salary : From £32,000
Closing Date: 26th January 2018
Key Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure that the department operates within current UK health & safety legislation to create a safe working culture
- Maintenance of the companys quality system to provide results that are legally defensible and ensure ongoing compliance of methods and operating procedures to satisfy internal and external auditing schemes
- Drive capacity and process changes to optimise Laboratory efficiency maintaining a focus on the continual reduction of production costs
- Management of departmental direct and indirect costs to deliver revenue and profit targets, preparation of resource justifications
o Manage key client KPI performance ensuring the quality of analysis achieves the required level to satisfy clients requirements
o Operate within Human Resources framework and ensure all workplace regulations and procedures are achieved.
o Provide and develop the technical capabilities of the section to provide support for the technical needs of our clients and business colleagues
o Maintenance of own CPD record and CPD assessment
o Participate in Duty Manager Rota to service key utility customers
To be successful in this role you will require the following Competencies:
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Proven influencing skills,
- Remain calm and controlled under pressure whilst leading the team
- Motivation, coaching, retention and development of staff
- Identify potential issues before they arise and work to pro-actively resolve these
- Work across functions in order to be able to effectively resolve issues.
- Implementing innovative solutions and improved / new procedures
- Able to communicate at a technical level with auditors and regulators
- Evaluate critically and draw conclusions from scientific and other data
Skills and Experience
- A detailed knowledge of High Volume Production Laboratory Operations and associated quality systems
- HND/HNC/Degree or equivalent in a relevant science subject.
- Have substantial management experience
- Significant experience required of working with ISO 17025/DWTS/DWI Reg 16 accreditation
- Will hold, or be capable of attaining, Chartered Chemist status within a reasonable time period
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00 /year
Other recent jobs in Wakefield