Nhs 111 Senior Clinical Advisor/homeworker (band 6Company:
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust Location:
Are you a Nurse or Paramedic? Do you have telephone triage experience? Are you NHS Pathways trained? Do you want to change direction in your clinical career?
We are looking to recruit Clinical Advisors (Band 6) full time or part time and are able to offer Homeworking. In order to Homework you must have a suitable working environment (Quiet location, private room with desk, chair and broadband connection with a minimum speed of 4mbbs)
To be eligible you must have at least 12 months experience working as an NHS Pathways advisor (111 or 999) and you hold a current live Pathways licence.
You must be able to attend Wakefield (WF2 0XQ) or Rotherham (S63 7EF) for induction, familiarisation and ad-hoc times for refresher training etc. (Training is 1 week full time Travel & Accommodation provided subject to distance). You will need to live within a two hour travelling distance of either call centre.
A Clinical Advisor for NHS 111 will be responsible for ensuring that the NHS 111 patients receive a quality service. You will have quick clinical decision making skills and excellent communication skills;
We can offer you:
- You will need to be able to speak with a variety of patients. Using your professional clinical judgment supported by decision support software
- Clinical Advisors provide assessment, medication advice, and health information to patients calling NHS 111. You will support patients to access appropriate levels of care, including home care management.
- As a Clinical Advisor you will need to be able to demonstrate the following key skills; - Work with a variety of clinical specialists to ensure safe clinical processes for patients - The ability to make timely safe clinical decisions - Meet the required standards for key performance indicators - Undertake referrals to internal and external clinicians - Be committed to self-development and training In addition to this you will be able to demonstrate your flexibility to meet service needs and enthusiasm to deliver high quality patient care. We offer a full training package, this will include NHS Pathways update training and enhanced communication skills.
- Flexible hours
- On going training/self-development
- Line management support
- On line e-learning with our Training and Development team
- Support with validation with NMC (for nurses) and help with preparation with your documents
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details. If you are not NHS Pathways trained and are still interested in working for us please apply for one of our Clinical Advisor posts advertised on NHS Jobs and Yorkshire Ambulance Service website. Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification will be short listed for this role.
This is an exciting time to join NHS 111 and the Yorkshire Ambulance Service. For further details / informal visits contact:
Jayne Bradbrook 01924 584253
Other recent jobs in Wakefield