Professional Cookery - Level 2 - Apprentice Chef -Company:
Black Bull Location:
Applicants must be hardworking, a good listener & communicator, can work well within the team and use their own initiative and in return the right candidate would be working with highly trained and motivated staff that will pass on their skills knowledge and expertise. Excellent communication skills are essential due to the nature of this post.
- To learn, and take responsibility for, organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations. To learn and assist in delivering safe working practices and systems of work throughout the facility.
- To learn and carry out the tasks assigned by the Head Chef / Kitchen Supervisor
- To learn and follow all procedures as specified in the Procedures Manual.
- To learn and adhere to Hygiene Regulations.
- To learn and carry out cleaning duties as required by the Head Chef/ Supervisor.
- To ensure food is well presented/garnished as required by the Head Chef/Supervisor and The Standards Manual.
- To learn to and monitor and document quality control procedures as required by the Head Chef / Supervisor.
- To embrace the financial ethos when it comes to housekeeping, hygiene and that care is always taken of the facilitys fixtures/furnishings and equipment.
- To ensure that effective communication takes place in order to ensure that operational information is shared fully.
- To learn and assist in ensuring the general security within the kitchen area in particular the security of store rooms, freezer, fridges. Etc.
- To learn and follow the kitchen procedures based of the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and The Safer Food Better Business Handbook.
- To learn and assist in maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the facility and relevant check sheets are completed.
- You will ensure that food is prepared in accordance with customers orders whilst ensuring that methods and standards of service provision within the timescales required, ensuring high standards of food at all times.
- To learn and assist in continuously improving the financial performance, including in areas measured by key performance indicators. E.g. Food GP Margin.
- And any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Management.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria. Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Multi tasker,
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative,
- Good communication skills,
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and at speed.
- Candidates must be flexible regarding working hours
- Be able to work long shifts on their feet,
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work.
- Excellent timekeeping,
- Professional and presentable appearance,
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Have a true interest and passion for the catering and hospitality industry, patient and be willing to learn.
2 GCSEs at Grade A* to G / 9-1 Future prospects
Progression onto a higher level apprenticeship Things to consider
This position will require a late finish on various days and also weekend work and will involve long periods of standing. Please provide a mobile telephone number on your application, if successful, an invitation via text message will be sent to you, to attend college for approval on the apprenticeship programme. It is essential you attend this interview to process in full your application to the employer. Please note that certificates showing acquired qualifications are required as part of your application, please bring with you the following information to your approval meeting at college: Photographic proof of ID Qualification certificates National Insurance Number Updated CV Please send your updated CV before the vacancy closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure in the subject box of your email that you type your Full Name and Apprenticeship Subject Area If you require help with putting together a CV or Interview skills, please contact: 01226 216 123 for our FREE Workshops. Please ensure travel to this employer´s location is realistic and something you could commit to.
Other recent jobs in Wakefield