Support Worker Mental HealthCompany:
Flexicare At Home Location:
Flexicare At Home are seeking a full or part time carer to support a gentleman with dementia in the Sandal area.
The client has calls 7 days a week 10am 3pm and 5pm 7pm.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is able to provide personal care and support out into the community.
- Supporting him out into the community for meals, drives out etc
- Assist the client with any meal preparation, medication and personal care
- Accompanying to him any appointments
Person Specification The ideal candidate will be:
- Ideally experienced in challenging behaviour and mental health
- Fully flexible and MUST have a full driving license
- Must be a good listener and be very patient
- Positive attitude with the ability to defuse situations calmly and effectively
What we offer:
- A full training programme
- Paid travel time and a generous mileage allowance
- A competitive hourly rate of pay that is dependent on qualifications
- A comprehensive induction programme with certificates given for each module.
- The opportunity to complete QCF levels 2 and 3 (formally NVQ) in Health and Social Care.
- Access to a wide range of distance learning courses including end of life care and mental health awareness.
- Full support throughout your employment including regular observations, supervisions and appraisals.
- Competitive pay
- Enrolment on our unique 9-month Psychology of Care course.
- Part time and full time positions available
- Full DBS check free of charge.
- Uniforms and an equipment bag provided.
- Supportive office staff.
- 24 hour emergency on-call line.
- Regular staff meetings.
- 60 p mileage
- Double Pay on Bank Holidays.
Flexicare At Home are a family run business based in West Yorkshire and approved by the Governments Care Quality Commission.
We specialise in practical care and emotional support services in the comfort of that all-important place peoples own home.
We strive to provide our staff with plenty of support, training and encouragement.
We are seeking a warm, compassionate and reliable home care assistant to enable our service users to remain in the comfort and safety of their own home.
If you would like to work for a nurturing, rewarding and committed employer who values staff and those we care for, please contact a member of the HR team on 01924 251166 for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Support Environment: 1 year
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Required licences or certifications:
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care
- Driving License
Other recent jobs in Wakefield