Elevation - Marketing Location:
We are currently recruiting for a Strategic Buyer for a leading £250m turnover manufacturer based in the West Yorkshire region, with a long history and reputation for quality engineered products. The Strategic Buyer will be reporting to the Supply Chain and Procurement Management teams, the successful candidate will form part of the procurement team and be responsible for strategic sourcing, purchasing materials, components and/or services consistent with the specified levels of quality, delivery, price and total cost.
The Strategic Buyer will develop strong supplier relationships within the end to end supply chain for their portfolio to deliver a world class supply base for goods and services and demonstrate procurement excellence. The Strategic Buyer´s duties will include:
- Drives all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions, facilitating RFP´s, and working with the internal business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives and plans.
- Procure components, materials, supplies, equipment and services required in a time appropriate manner including: contacting suppliers, obtaining and evaluating quotations, info record maintenance, placing orders, and managing queries and requests for information.
- Lead specified levels of inventory, quality, delivery requirements and price.
- Work cross functionally with teams on a variety of projects.
- Deal with complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products.
- Develop both new and existing supplier sources
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global, regional or local basis in alignment with the business objectives.
- Deliver agreed savings targets.
- Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
- Participate in cross functional sourcing teams.
- Have accountability for technical and quality performance through strategy development.
- Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience - MCIPS preferred
- Demonstrable track record in purchasing
- Excellent analytical skill
- Excellent SAP (or similar) skill
- Knowledge of working in global supply markets
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements
- Ability to obtain appropriate market intelligence, analyse and provide concise updates to key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication and relationship development with cross functional teams, commercial and procurement personnel, business stakeholders and the supply base.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
This is a great opportunity for a procurement professional to transition into a permanent position from a contract role, the Strategic Buyer will join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Carl Walker at Elevation Recruitment Group on ************* or ***********
Elevation Recruitment Group´s Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Procurement and Supply Chain positions, visit *********************************
Other recent jobs in Wakefield