Land Officer / Wayleave OfficerCompany:
Freedom Group Ltd Location:
We have a new vacancy for an experienced Land/Wayleaves Officer to be responsible for the acquisition of all relevant statutory and non-statutory consents, any necessary lease acquisition/renewals and the acquisition of land on behalf of our client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The acquisition of all relevant statutory and non-statutory consents (e.g. wayleaves, easements, planning (Form B / s.37), flood defence etc), any necessary lease acquisition/renewals and the acquisition of land.
- Understand the wayleave termination process and represent our client accordingly.
- Be able to work on a wide variety of schemes from small underground cable connections, to wood pole new builds and refurbishment and the maintenance/refurbishment of steel tower lines up to 132kV.
- Non-contact and contact land referencing.
- Work closely with our clients engineering and wayleave teams to ensure the effective and timely completion of tasks and ensure compliance with all regulations
- Liaise with both statutory and non-statutory bodies as required.
- Be fully conversant with all relevant legislation
- Demonstrate a proven ability to make decisions within defined parameters
- Demonstrate proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and be able to influence a desired outcome.
- Negotiate the settlement of claims for loss and damage caused to agricultural land as a consequence of our clients works
- Managing scheme tracking systems and taking part in weekly client meetings.
- The ability to bring new ideas into the business in order to facilitate continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Flexibility on location, travelling and hours of work etc.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Good PC skills
- Ability to work quickly, accurately & independently whilst under pressure
- An interest in rural affairs
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Hold a relevant accreditation in rural surveying
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and genuine career development opportunities.
For more information please apply now with a full CV and salary expectations.
Founded in 1996 from a management buyout with a single contract, Freedom has grown significantly and now has offices throughout the UK. The company is increasingly recognised as a world class provider of engineering services to the utility sector and wider markets, working primarily with electricity distribution networks.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are only able to contact the applicants shortlisted for interview. If we have not contacted you within 14 days of your application, then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Job Type: Permanent
Other recent jobs in Wakefield